How to remove screen keyboard?

Nas Dissay
Nas Dissay posted this 14 May 2017

Sorry I'm new user. When I open the program, there is a on-screen keyboard that masks half of the screen and I don't know how to close it. The keyboard appears not to respond any click. Please suggest me how to remove this keyboard. Thank you.

posted this 14 May 2017

I think this isn't a Kodu issue. It's probably the on-screen keyboard option in your settings. For Windows 10, go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard and turn off On-Screen Keyboard. For Windows 7, go to Control Panel. Find Ease of Access. There, you should be able to turn off On-Screen Keyboard. On W7, you could have done it with the EOA icon in the bottom right-hand corner, so you can disable it from there. I think W8 and W8.1 are like W10. Hope this helps, and keep on koding (spelling intentional)!

Stephen Coy
Admin
Stephen Coy posted this 15 May 2017

There is a bug with older versions of Kodu where the virtual keyboard doesn't go away when it should.  It was fixed for version 1.4.181.0 so make sure you have a later version than that.

rebecca stankus
rebecca stankus posted this 06 August 2017

I just downloaded Kodu yesterday. The on screen keyboard does not work and cannot be removed. It makes it completely impossible to use the app. Is there a way to remove it yet or does the app just not work?

Stephen Coy
Admin
Stephen Coy posted this 07 August 2017

Hi Rebecca,

Which version of Kodu did you install?  There's the Desktop version which you can get by clicking on the Get Kodu button at the top of this page and there's the Windows Store version.  The Desktop version is the preferred version to get.

In either case you should be able to dismiss the on-screen keyboard by clicking on the 'X' inthe upper right hand corner of the keyboard.  Is this not working?

What kind of system are you running?  Which version of Windows do you have?

thanks,

Stephen