Suggestion : Forward / Backward (Adelante / Atrás)

Marcos Echeita Sarrionandia
Marcos Echeita Sarrionandia posted this 24 May 2017

I think it would be interesting to have the possibility of adding to the command "move on path", the bricks

Forward  /  Backward

Translation

Yo pienso que podría ser interesante tener la posibilidad de añadirle a la orden " mover en camino" los “ladrillos

Adelante  /  Atras

Stephen Coy
Admin
Stephen Coy posted this 24 May 2017

I'm not sure what the expected behavior for these would be.  Is this meant to control the direction the character is facing while they move along the path?  Or are you expecting these to work with the path direction arrows so "backwards" would make the character move opposite of the path direction arrows?

Marcos Echeita Sarrionandia
Marcos Echeita Sarrionandia posted this 25 May 2017

Stephen

My proposal is the second that you mention in the answer

I would like that "backwards" make the character move in the opposite the direction of the "direction arrows"

This is because the "move on path" command (when the path is bidirectional) does not determine in which direction the character will move.

At the beginning of a game, the problem is solved by positioning the character near a node

But when the movement has started, if we give the order to stop and then to restart.......

It is not determined in which direction the character will move

Therefore my proposal is to use "paths" with only one "arrow of direction".

And to have available the two new bricks suggested.

Of course, there are other solutions but more "dirty" smiley mr green

Translation

Mi propuesta es la segunda que tú indicas en la respuesta

Me gustaría que "al revés" haga que el personaje se mueva en la dirección opuesta a la de las "flechas de dirección"

Esto es porque la orden de "mover en camino" (cuando es bidireccional) no determina en qué dirección se va a mover el personaje.

Al principio de un juego, el problema se soluciona situado al personaje cerca de un nodo.

Pero si una vez iniciado el movimiento damos la orden de parar y luego la de volver a arrancar:

No está determinado en cual dirección se va a mover el personaje

Por lo tanto mi propuesta es utilizar "caminos" con solo una "flecha de dirección".

Y disponer de los dos nuevos "ladrillos" sugeridos.

Naturalmente hay otras soluciones pero más "sucias"

Stephen Coy
Admin
Stephen Coy posted this 25 May 2017

Ok, I understand better.  Right now there's no good way to start and stop following a path while controlling the direction.

What happens when you start following a path is that the character first goes to the nearest node and then randomly picks a direction to go limited by any directional branches.  So, even if you have a path with all the directions set to one-way if you stop the character and then start again you may go backwards to the nearest node before resuming the proper direction.  I'll need to think about a good solution for this.  Maybe the character should have some memory of what direction it was going...

The ability to specify "backwards" would definitely make that more flexible.  Right now you can kind of get around this by having 2 paths, side by side with different directions but that's much harder to create.