Students Posting Games to Worlds?

Newman
Newman posted this 19 February 2015

I have had students working on designing games for the first time.  Some of them would like to post their games for others to try and to comment on.  One boy shared his game, "Where is the Octupus" on Tuesday 2/17/2015.  We tried to find the game today, 2/19/2015, and it cannot be found.  Can you explain the rules for sharing games to the Worlds section of the website?  Also, any other information on how to share games with others?  How will we know how many people interacted with his game and what their reactions are?

Thank you.

Stephen
Admin
Stephen posted this 20 February 2015

I was able to find the game both on the web site and from within Kodu.

In Kodu go to the Community page from the Main Menu and then scroll through the worlds until you get to 2/17.  The game can then be downloaded.

From the web site you can search for "octupus" or "where is" and it comes up in the search results.

From either Kodu or the web site you should be able to suee the number of times the game has been downloaded and liked.  On the web site you can also see any comments left on the game's page.

Newman
Newman posted this 20 February 2015

Stephen, Thank you.  I tried to search for it using the entire title and it could not be found.  I tried searching "all" newest back to the date I wanted and could not find it. I also searched under Robbie and did not find it.  I did not know you could find it within the game.  I am not sure why it comes up now but not on Thursday.

Thanks,

Renee

Stephen
Admin
Stephen posted this 23 February 2015

If you tried to search for the entire title it could just be that you typed it slightly different.  For instance you could have typed "octopus" instead of "octupus".  :-)